Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Enigmatic Tweets Hinting at Riddler Trailer?

Remember those mysterious Tweets I posted about a couple of days ago? Well, on Monday (I know I'm a little behind) the following trailer was released for "Batman: Arkham City:"

Could that have been what they were hinting at? Apparently, there are other clues hidden in the trailer as well. I haven't figured out what they are, but I'm sure we will know soon enough.

This is by far the best trailer for the game, in my opinion - and there have been several. Maybe I'll post the other trailers later on. The Riddler was a part of "Batman: Arkham Asylum," but you never saw him and he was more of a side quest. Scattered throughout all of the Asylum were little question mark Riddler trophies that you could collect if you wanted to. This time around, the Riddler has a more sinister presence. And this is the first time that I've ever seen the Riddler portrayed as a real threat. He reminds me a lot of Jigsaw from the Saw series - setting up intricate death traps for helpless victims. The only difference here is that he leaves clues for Batman to save them - if Batman is smart enough to decipher those clues. I can't wait to play this game - it looks legitimately difficult and creepy.

On a side note, I am sad that "The Dark Knight Rises" is Christopher Nolan's last Batman film. I would have LOVED to see his take on the Riddler, especially if it went the route that "Batman: Arkham City" is going. The Riddler is such an under-utilized character, in my opinion, and he is usually portrayed incorrectly. He isn't some Joker wanna be - he is a brilliant villain and a legitimate threat to the Dark Knight. So when the inevitable next Batman movie comes out (directed by who knows whom, but produced by Christopher Nolan), the Riddler should absolutely be the villain. Do you hear me, WB???

No comments:

Post a Comment